Website Grafana Labs
We are Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project. Our team is building a SaaS observability platform: Grafana Cloud, and an Enterprise offering: Grafana Enterprise, while cementing Grafana as the leading open source software for time series analytics.
Grafana Cloud is our composable observability platform that integrates metrics, logs, and traces with Grafana. It allows our customers to leverage the best open source observability software – including Prometheus, Mimir, Loki, and Tempo – without the overhead of installing, maintaining and scaling their own observability stack.
What will you be doing?
- You might support us to build integrations, deploy cloud regions, ingest customer metrics, build features for ops, build dashbaords, or many other things
- Become an active part of a globally distributed group of interns
- Train on how to be successful in a global remote environment
- Onboard in person and then work remotely from wherever you work best
- Regularly meet with a mentor to get all the support you need
- Take an active role in defining your own objectives
- Work on projects from initial ideation all the way to implementation alongside a group of senior engineers
- Actively participate in technical discussion
- Dive deep into a part of our codebase
- Embrace our open-source culture and be brave to contribute to open source projects
- Gain a deeper understanding of our products and customers
- Present some of your learnings at the end of your internship
As we are remote-first, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and solid communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are a motivated self starter with a bias towards action
- You are user focused. We build everything with our users in mind. You have a passion for creating intuitive products that fit customers’ needs
- Pragmatism. You are excited to take on complex challenges and break them down to achieve tight learning loops
- Collaboration and communication: The smallest unit we have is a squad. You’ll be working with your teammates in a fully remote setup. Solid communication skills are a must
- Interest to work in either frontend, backend, or fullstack.
- Some experience with at least one programming language.
- Some experience with Git and Linux.
- Interest in the observability space
- Excitement for technology and our products
Nice To Haves
- Experience with or interest in working with Kubernetes
- You have used Grafana or Prometheus already
- Exposure to microservices architecture, distributed systems, and a desire to learn
- Application Review
- Recruiter Introductory call
- Manager Screening call
- Coding interview
What we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
Internship Program Information
- Applications Open: September 28, 2022
- Application Review Starts: October 17, 2022
- Ability to work full-time for Summer 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship
- We are accepting applications from the following locations Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Germany or Sweden
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.