Website Grafana Labs
At k6, we build next-generation performance testing tools for developers and DevOps engineers.
We are pushing the state-of-the-art in our industry, creating open-source tools focused on great developer experience. k6 is an open-source tool that we built to reinvent the engineering principles around performance testing with a mission to empower engineers to build highly resilient and scalable systems.
About The Role
You will be a part of the k6 team that focuses on the k6 Cloud, our commercial product built around the OSS k6, targeted at users wanting to run performance tests at scale. Our SaaS offering allows customers to load test their systems by running distributed load tests from 15+ regions worldwide, using hundreds of thousands of virtual users sending millions of requests per second. We ingest huge volumes of data generated by k6, which can be used to view, correlate and analyze metrics from each test.k6 is a product used by other engineers, and as such, we are looking for people enthusiastic about building high-quality tools they would want to use themselves. Due to our small teams and fast development pace, you will have a substantial and immediate impact on how the end product is architected, developed and how the engineering team operates. Most importantly, you will work with competent colleagues and will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in different directions.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be To
The team you’ll work with is developing a greenfield product that enables k6 cloud customers to get detailed insights into how their systems perform internally while being load-tested.
- Support us in building large-scale distributed systems
- Onboard in person and train on how to be successful in a global remote environment
- Take an active role in defining your own objectives
- Work on projects from initial ideation all the way to implementation alongside a group of senior engineers
- Actively participate in technical discussion
- Contribute to the documentation and/or educational content
- Gain a deeper understanding of our products and customers
- Present some of your learnings at the end of your internship
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Some experience with Git and Linux
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good technical communication skills
- Interest in the performance testing space
- Excitement for technology and our products
Not required, but great if you also have
- Experience working with Go
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience in the observability space
- Experience working with time-series data
- Exposure to microservices architecture, distributed systems, and a desire to learn
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud infrastructure providers (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Application Review
- Recruiter Introductory call
- Manager Screening call
- Coding interview
What we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.