Website Kerridge Commercial Systems
The Kerridge Commercial Systems ‘Global Cloud Operations’ team takes care of all incidents that occur within the Private Cloud Hosting environment, as well as various on premise servers.
In collaboration with other members of the Global Cloud Operations team, the Event Management intern will ensure that all cloud customers are setup in the Monitoring application tool (currently NagiosXI). Nagios proactively monitors hosted components which include server health, CPU/Memory usage, available Filesystem space, backup success/failure, to name a few.
As an integral member of the team, you will be responsible for identifying (and reporting, when necessary) all Infrastructure events relating to KCS’s Global Cloud Services. Events & Alerts are displayed on wallboards in our Johannesburg office as well as on workstation dashboards.
- Be responsible for the setup and (on-going) administration of all monitoring activities on Cloud Infrastructure including both internal and customer-facing equipment
- Triage incoming Events and identify whether they are merely warnings, or if Incidents need to be raised in the call logging system for attention by the Global Cloud Operations Analysts.
- Be responsible for escalating warnings and outages to the wider Cloud Operations team members, when applicable.
- Liaise with Customers when required, keeping them informed about calls that have been logged and the progress thereof.
- Ensure that documentation concerning Kerridge Commercial Systems’ monitoring processes and procedures are up to date and periodically reviewed together with the Service Operations Manager.
- Assist team members on Infrastructure projects when applicable, which may include physical equipment installation and removal.
- Deliver a responsive on-call function by participating in the shift schedule, if required to do so.
- Have a sound understanding of modern IT equipment, including PCs, Networks, Routers, Switches, Storage Area Networks and the like.
- Be IT literate and have basic Windows operating system knowledge as a minimum, Linux knowledge will be a bonus.
- Have the ability to work through basic problems logically, suggest solutions and be able to recognise when problems or situations need to be escalated.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work alone when necessary.
- Understand why excellent customer service, time keeping, and flexibility, matters!
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, have attention to detail and sound time management skills.
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is a market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for distributors, suppliers, resellers, wholesalers and merchants. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
KCS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires us to adjust the recruiting process please do advise us when contacted.
If this role is of interest to you please apply online.
To all recruitment agencies: KCS does not accept agency resumés. Please do not forward resumés to our careers site or direct to KCS employee. KCS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumés.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.