Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Manufacturing Environment, based at Adam Tas in Stellenbosch. The successful incumbent will report to the Packaging Engineer.
Purpose Of The Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to:
- Students who are in their final year of study and require exposure to a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualifications.
- The successful intern will be expected to enter into a full-time 12-month contract commencing on the 1st of February 2023 and terminating on the 31 January 2024.
Key Learning Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Practical or theoretical understanding of industrial engineering principles applicable to the manufacturing industry
- Systems engineering
- Labour loading
- Theory of constraints
- Quantitative techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of how to do method studies towards waste elimination in processes
- Comprehensive understanding of work study techniques particular to a manufacturing environment. This includes the ability to do time studies for the creation of loading charts
- Understanding of Value Stream Mapping
- In-depth understanding of factory layout and balancing of lines (Theory of Constraints)
- Ability to analyse data and compile meaningful reports on recommendations
- Good understanding of world-class manufacturing principles (Short Lead Time Principles, Quick Change-Overs, Management By Cycle, 5S, Visual Management)
- Good understanding of Project Management Principles
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Satisfactory academic record and in the final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification (e.g Degree or Diploma in Industrial Engineering )
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position
- Willing and able to work extended hours
- Reliable transport to and from the place of work
- Must be willing, able and committed to entering into and completing the 12-month internship programme
Prospective Interns Must Submit The Following
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation
- Certified copies of the Identity Document
- Certified copies of driver’s licence (if applicable)
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.