Website Grafana Labs
We do two things – secure Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project, and we build out our security observability platform and product.
What will you be doing?
- 12 week internship embedded in our Security Engineering team
- Working on real life projects, for example
- Extensions for vulnerability management systems
- Tooling for security engineering education
- Visualizations for security observability
- Become an active part of a globally distributed group of interns
- Train on how to be successful in a global remote environment
- Regularly meet with a mentor to get all the support you need
- Take an active role in defining your own objectives
- Actively participate in technical discussion
- Dive deep into a part of our codebase
- Embrace our open-source culture and be brave to contribute to open source projects
- Gain a deeper understanding of our products and customers
- Present some of your learnings at the end of your internship
As we are remote-first, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and solid communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are curious about security and software engineering
- You are a motivated self starter with a bias towards action
- You are user focused. We build everything with our users in mind. You have a passion for creating intuitive products that fit customers’ needs
- Pragmatism. You are excited to take on complex challenges and break them down to achieve tight learning loops
- Collaboration and communication: The smallest unit we have is a squad. You’ll be working with your teammates in a fully remote setup. Solid communication skills are a must
- Interest to work with security and software engineering
- Some experience with at least one programming language.
- Some experience with Git and Linux.
Nice To Haves
- Exposure to security tooling / scanners
- Experience with any Grafana products
- Some experience of security research / ctf / pentesting
What we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
- We want you to come away with a great security product development story and PRs merged into Grafana’s open source repos
Internship Program Information
- Applications Open: September 28, 2022
- Application Review Starts: October 17, 2022
- Ability to work full-time for Summer 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana On Call (for on-call management).
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.