Website Kerridge Commercial Systems
The Trade support intern role is to provide assistance to customers on issues within the trade component of the system as this has a direct impact on their business. Business operations that the K8 system supports include sales, buying, inventory control, warehousing, delivery management and data analytics, to name a few.
- Support customers with problems and queries relating to the KCS application software
- Accurately resolve problems using investigative and analytical skills
- Identify and replicate problems that require a software change by Development
- Work as part of the Support team
- Work with other departments to provide solutions to the customer
- Pro-actively taking ownership of a wide variety of calls and problems
- Ensuring all calls are dealt with efficiently and promptly in accordance with the Service Level Agreement
- Managing, prioritising and progressing their adopted calls, in particular
- Using the call logging system correctly and ensuring that calls are updated on a regular basis with actions undertaken
- Regularly updating customers regarding the status of their calls
- Effectively handling complaints and call escalation requests form customers
- Identifying calls that are not support calls and dealing with these following the correct procedures, for example after sales calls, chargeable support calls, modification and system change requests
- Continually and pro-actively acquiring and retaining knowledge of KCS products and systems
- Pro-actively using the appropriate tools to gain and share knowledge
- Working with members of the Support Team and other departments to ensure that customers receive a prompt efficient service
- Alerting Senior Application Support Consultants, Team Leaders and Application Support Manager as necessary regarding any sensitive customer issues
- Following and applying the standard Commercial Software Support Procedures and Practices
- Taking the initiative and identifying ways in which the Support Service and/or Support Procedures can be improved and discussing these with the Application Support Manager
- Undertaking any other projects as required by the Support Manager
- Looking to gain work experience in the relevant field of their qualification
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy and computer proficient
- Attention to detail
- Customer and service focused
- Driven, proactive and motivated personality
- Flexible to changes in tasks and the support environment
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn and apply new skills and concepts
- In the process of or have completed an IT degree or diploma
- Any understanding of software and/or software support environments would be an advantage.
- Basic grasp of business processes and operations
- Be able to investigate unfamiliar problems and generate an effective solutions in a systematic and logical manner
- Have excellent customer care and strong interpersonal skills
- Project a professional image
- Be adaptable and work as an effective member of a team
- Be organised and manage own workload efficiently
- Maintain a professional standard of communication at all levels
- Work conscientiously and use initiative
- Be calm under pressure and manage stressful situations
- Adopt a positive, pro-active approach to work
- Support Interns are required to work 3 standard shifts with an hour unpaid lunch break
- 07:00 – 16:00
- 08:00 – 17:00
- 09:00 – 18:00
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for distributors, suppliers, resellers, wholesalers and merchants. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
KCS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires us to adjust the recruiting process please do advise us when contacted.
If this role is of interest to you please apply online.
To all recruitment agencies: KCS does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers site or direct to KCS employee. KCS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.