Responsible for converting massive amounts of complex data into easily accessible business databases and applications for self-service analytics and reporting. To tackle challenging development challenges and achieve engineering goals, create system architecture, design, and specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge. Determine and obtain the necessary data for a particular analysis. Working with data modellers and analysts to understand the business problems they’re seeking to address, then creating or augmenting data assets to feed their analysis. Has extensive experience, expertise, and skills in his or her field. Typically sets his or her own job priorities. Serves as a resource for less experienced coworkers.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments, acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Presents to broader senior leadership team. Understands other business units and how they affect the team and work.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas; such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation within big data systems like Hadoop and SQL.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models.
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding of internal business areas and processes as well as working knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL, implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow & analysis.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Solves critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Optimize data sources and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality of all products utilizing trouble-shooting, design and development skills along with cross systems technical knowledge.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.comcast.com.