Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and Hulu streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. The Creative Advertising team is responsible for the creation and finishing of all movie trailers, video and radio commercials. We also maintain the security and handling of all film creative assets for internal departments and external creative vendors as needed for marketing campaign development and support.
A Day in the Life…
There’s so much more to making movie trailers than just the creative, itself. In this role, you will experience all aspects of the film advertising process from marketing strategy and creative development to budgeting, music and legal clearances, finishing and in-theater placements. As an intern you will be able to shadow and learn from the overall team to develop an even stronger understanding of the creative advertising process. Responsibilities to include;
- Providing support to Creative Advertising team with ideation, logistics, scheduling, and related production support
- Assist with maintaining department charts, documents and files
- Prep materials and participate in weekly meetings
Basic Qualifications :
- A curious, creative, detail-oriented film lover
- Hard working and flexible, interested in learning all aspects of the creative advertising process.
- Skilled in using Mac computer programs
- Have an understanding of various AV formats / aspect ratios for TV and digital platforms
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Open to taking creative direction and making changes in a timely fashion
- Microsoft office – Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with AVID, FINAL CUT, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere. ProTools
Required Education :
Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
Additional Information :
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Be able to provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship in the Los Angeles area.
- Be available from May/June through August 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.