Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. Honeywell is recruiting for the Assistant General Counsel, HBT India.
- Manage litigation for and against the HBT business and direct dispute resolution efforts, including the management of external counsel for referred matters in India.
- Analyze and assess the risks and benefits of matters of strategic importance to the business in India, such as the completion of alliances, acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, joint ventures and the creation of new manufacturing sites and legal entities (including engagement with regulators).
- Oversee the integrity and compliance program for HBT in India, including internal investigations in coordination with the Honeywell Integrity & Compliance team.
- Oversee the HBT contract review and management function. Draft, negotiate and manage legal documentation for a broad range of commercial transactions (including supply and sales agreements).
- Serve as the first point of contact in India region for HBT’s VP GM for India and Rest of Asia (also located in Bangalore) and, working with the other members of the Honeywell Law Department, deliver legal services in a timely and effective manner across the region. You will also work closely with HBT’s Global Vice President & General Counsel, based in Atlanta, USA, to coordinate legal strategies and ensure general alignment with HBT’s global practices and business interests.
- Analyze and advise on all legal and regulatory issues for the HBT business, including those relating to commercial and contract law, environmental, health and safety, intellectual property, leasing, licensing, corporate compliance, foreign investment, labor & employment, M&A, product liability, anti-trust, etc.
- Develop standardized processes and templates to efficiently deliver legal services in the region and in support of the Honeywell and HBT Law Department initiatives.
- Conduct preventive law training on a wide variety of topics, including competition law, export regulations, data privacy, contracting excellence, protection of intellectual property, anticorruption laws and workplace issues.
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player who will take a proactive approach in managing, prioritizing, and seeking to continuously improve internal legal function
- Strong multinational business transactional experience, including business acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures as well as commercial agreements
- Personal presence, communication skills and credibility necessary to effectively interact with and influence senior management and directors
- At least 15 years of experience as a Licensed Indian Attorney working at a major law firm and multinational company in a senior legal capacity
- Demonstrated experience at a law firm or listed company advising on transactional, governance, compliance and litigation matters. Company Secretarial (FCS) or international law qualification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and motivate non-legal employees regarding legal issues affecting business transactions and to provide advice that blends legal experience with an understanding of, and appreciation for, a client’s business objectives and the needs of a global organization
- Demonstrated intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence, including integrity and good judgment
- Experience in managing a legal staff
- Ability to work independently and aggressively drive key initiatives at a distance from direct supervisor
- Experience in conflict resolution at the pre-and post-litigation stages of dispute resolution
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.